Shopify Community webinar alert! Getting ready for BFCM: Learn Flash Sale Logistics Shopify coming Tuesday, October 23 | 11am EDT |Learn more.

POS software updated & now when we run a credit card no signature comes up, no name?

rainwater
Excursionist
18 0 3.5

Hi our POS software recently updated and now we get no signature screen for the customer to sign the transaction and the software does not fill in the customer's name like it has always done before. What is up with this?

Replies10(10)
JamieW1
Tourist
5 0 9

Similar issue here. When customers inserted their cards previously on the tap & chip reader, it would record their name (it would not record their name when they tapped). Now, no customer information is recorded when they insert their card. What's going on here? This makes returns, exchanges, and tracking customer purchases a nightmare.

Teresa_Beach
Tourist
6 0 5

I am having the same problem. I can understand not requiring a signature, but we need to have the customer name listed

Fluffyflamingo
Visitor
2 0 5

Why has Shopify not weighed in here? This is a pain and a "fix" would be appreciated.

JoyW306
Visitor
1 0 3.

Same issue. Nothing from Shopify on this. I really need customer names back!!!

kmcqueen
Tourist
3. 0 3.

我们有同样的问题!我已经发出d to report a bug through our POS but haven't heard back. Please help restore the credit card capturing customer names. This is definitely needed for returns/exchanges.

Fkyou
Visitor
2 0 16

I guess I am wondering where they hire the programmers from. Every "update" the apps get worse.

upstatemn
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue here. A bit maddening.

SSH-Admin
Visitor
1 0 0

Shopify Team, can you chime in on this? When is this going to be resolved. This is a major issue for chargebacks, exchanges, etc.

Is this resolved in the update being released today?

JamieW1
Tourist
5 0 9

It looks like it was!

JamieW1
Tourist
5 0 9

We updated our iPad POS today and the issue appears to have been resolved. Happy that it's over, but wish Shopify had been more responsive and transparent about the ongoing efforts to fix these issues. Disappointing customer service.