POS Pro for 6 months, POS Lite for 6 months...

Solved
TheWhitesEmp
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello all,

We operate a seasonal business and have no issues with paying the POS Pro fee for half of the year. The other half of the year, we will not be using the POS at all, hence it would be preferable to switch to POS Lite for half the year. Is this possible? I would hope that it is. Look forward to the responses.

Thanks, Jon

接受的解决方案(1)
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2393 388 497

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there! Great question and I appreciate the additional insight into why this is something your business would need.

Yes, you can absolutely use POS Pro for 6 months and then return to POS Lite. In the POS sales channel in your admin you can manage which location is using what POS plan. You will want to choose monthly billing, not annual, so that you can swap the plans in 6 months.

To change your POS subscription:

1. From your Shopify admin > Point of Sale Channel > Locations

2. Click "Manage subscriptions"

3. Select an app subscription for each location (POS Pro or POS Lite)

4. Click "Confirm subscription"

You can also find these steps in our Help Center here:Choosing your POS app subscription · Shopify Help Center.

Also, don't forget that we have dedicated retail support available 24/7. You can find this at the bottom of the Point of Sale channel page in your admin or inside your Point of Sale app.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? ClickLiketo let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as anAccepted Solution
- To learn more visit theShopify Help Centeror theShopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply1(1)
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2393 388 497

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there! Great question and I appreciate the additional insight into why this is something your business would need.

Yes, you can absolutely use POS Pro for 6 months and then return to POS Lite. In the POS sales channel in your admin you can manage which location is using what POS plan. You will want to choose monthly billing, not annual, so that you can swap the plans in 6 months.

To change your POS subscription:

1. From your Shopify admin > Point of Sale Channel > Locations

2. Click "Manage subscriptions"

3. Select an app subscription for each location (POS Pro or POS Lite)

4. Click "Confirm subscription"

You can also find these steps in our Help Center here:Choosing your POS app subscription · Shopify Help Center.

Also, don't forget that we have dedicated retail support available 24/7. You can find this at the bottom of the Point of Sale channel page in your admin or inside your Point of Sale app.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? ClickLiketo let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as anAccepted Solution
- To learn more visit theShopify Help Centeror theShopify Blog