Promotion image

Changing shipping method on existing order

lkaye
Visitor
1 0 12

Is it possible to change the shipping method on an order that has been placed online? For example, we offer local pickup but some people selected shipping by mistake. Can the order be edited to change the ship method from ship to pickup?

Replies21(21)
PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi@lkaye,

I think you will have to create an order manually under the order section and duplicate the order details, and select custom shipping as "Free Local Pickup", or something similar. You can then add instructions which includes the details regarding Local Pickup.

I have found another query where merchants are facing similar issues and they are somehow managing it with similar method mentioned above:https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Selecting-Local-Pickup-for-Draft-Invoi...

Hope this helps!

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation |FedEx shipping|Multi-carrier shipping|Shipment Tracking|Australia Post shipping
trucranems
Excursionist
12 0 2

Shopify doesn't add this feature to try and get you to buy one of the apps, in the marketplace, which will give you the feature and they get to take a cut of.

If you look Cleverific Order Editor it can do it, but no way in hell I'm paying $30/month for it

MartinMates
Shopify Partner
7 1 2

I tried this plugin and it wont change it either. If you do change it the app cancells the order and creates new one with the requested changes. So its not possible even in API to change it.

fukuyafoods
Tourist
4 0 13

I'm facing the same issue for a while now. After customer has placed the order and decided to change shipping method. So there is no way for me to manually "edit" the order for shipping just like how I can add or remove items from the order?

roehamptonorchi
Excursionist
12 0 59

@ShopifyPlease allow change in shipping method. My customer wants to change from standard to express and its frustrating, we do not want to duplicate the order and take payment again.

Kia
Excursionist
22 0 14

Yes this will be so helpful

rkimpulse
Tourist
3 0 11

I agree, this is a very frustrating lacking feature - please allow edits to shipping method,@Shopify

Customers wish to change various different things about their orders, often shipping methods, after they've paid. Store admin users should be able to edit any aspect of an order before it's fulfilled.

KAM22
Tourist
7 0 10

Have you figured out how to do this easily? It seems as if Shopify still doesn't allow you to change from Ship to Pickup. So frustrating.

KAM22
Tourist
7 0 10

Shopify - this must be a very easy fix and it is a common request, especially now that there are so many weather delays, etc.

Pburt16
Excursionist
15 0 8

Surprise, surprise. What do you know, there's no simply way to change the shipping method for an existing order! Just ran into this issue today for the first time.

You would think this would be a basic feature, but once again, requests to add this feature go back years. Shopify doesn't, and has never, ever added a single feature requested in these forums for their tiered customers ... Because, contrary to their sales pitch, they literally do nothing to support small businesses, but you can rest assured with the knowledge that this feature is available to Plus members.

Ugh.

MartinMates
Shopify Partner
7 1 2

It is not.

charlatan
Tourist
3 0 14

You would think it was an option for us Plus members, however - like you we also do not have this feature. I've stacked this on the list of a multitude of features which a mature ecommerce system should have (and all the others do). For example:

• The ability to adjust a cart via a server side api
  • The ability to have more than 100 items in the cart
  • The ability to have cart items stay longer than a month
  • The ability to have more than 100 variants on a product (they seem to like 100 as a limit)
  • The ability to have more than 3 levels of variants
  • The ability to import/export the product shipping profiles (I have to manage 6,000 products and 70 shipping profiles)
  • The ability for a customer to see their giftcard balance in their account
  • The ability to control the display of items in the checkout
  • The ability to control the display of items in the shop pay checkout view
  • The ability to hide metafields in the admin order view when they begin with an underscore
  • The ability to set production times per product beyond 2 days. We make products that can take up to 7 days to produce...
  • The ability to have addons to products (I know bundles exist, but thats not the same thing)
  • The ability to have the Compare At price update automatically when there is an automatic discount applied (I still cant believe they cant do that).
  • The ability to override the product image for a cart item - we sell custom printed products and can't actually show that image in the checkout...

的例子不胜枚举。For the number of developers they have it's completely obtuse that they don't have these basic features.

ChauzieQ
Tourist
6 0 8

I got this problem today:disappointed_face:@Shopifycan you add this feature in the asap future please?

AFuentes
Visitor
1 0 2

I ran into same problem yesterday. Any solutions?

MrHatt
Tourist
6 0 3

Ran into the issue myself. This would be a nice thing to have.

KAM22
Tourist
7 0 10

Does anyone get any info as to why Shopify doesn’t allow us to change shipping to pickup or vice versa?

cassetteplace
Excursionist
24 2 9

The ONLY thing you can do as of now would be to BILL The Customer for the upgraded Shipping charges on an Invoice... and then send the order with the upgraded Shipping service added - before printing your shipping label... That's it.

ckelson
Visitor
2 0 1

@Shopifysucks man! I regret recommending Shopify to my employer. I need this feature too, among several others that I've seen forum posts about dating back like 5 years...

We ship many of our products via ground and many via LTL, and the LTL price is often not a perfect reflection of actual cost. Our previous solution (NopCommerce, which I thought was the worst thing to exist) allows for the easy editing of shipping cost & method after the order is placed but before the payment is captured. WooCommerce does this too. Not Shopify. Actual garbage. Going back to recommending Woo for my clients even though it's not as turnkey, at least it has basic ecommerce features:angry_face:

DrBecky
Visitor
1 0 3

This feature doesn't seem to exist.

我喜欢综合Shopify航运vendors (I can print shipping label with USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc, directly from my Shopify order - which is GREAT). BUT I have not ever figured out a way to have any sort of automated predictive selection that gets people to pick the correct shipping option. People often pick the wrong option (either way to big, or way to small/ cheap), so I am constantly needing to correct shipping. Shopify does NOT have that adjustment as a feature.

我提出的解决方案是编辑订单to add a "custom item" called "Adjusted Shipping Fee" and then add or subtract the appropriate amount based on what the customer selected and paid for / vs what I actually need to ship it. From there you can generate an invoice or refund. Once the money is sorted out, then I go ahead and select the shipping method I am actually going to use, and buy the shipping label. I also send the customer an email explaining the glitch.

Mitchellnikiti1
Visitor
2 0 2

Are you saying that after sorting out payment differences Shopify allows to change shipping method?

Mitchellnikiti1
Visitor
2 0 2

And how are you changing shipping method after that? Via shopify dashboard or API?